****This project is not Currently Active****
This educational and practice improvement project is designed for primary care providers. This project will present, incorporate and sustain the use of high-value, chronic-care management processes for asthma. These key processes include:
- Timely and scheduled chronic-care visits that mirror the trigger pattern for patients,
- Appropriate use of inhaled corticosteroids in persistent asthmatics,
- Updated asthma action plans,
- Regular asthma control testing,
- Annual spirometry,
- Tobacco exposure reduction and
- Influenza prevention.
Click here for the full Asthma project summary.
To develop an infrastructure designed to improve the quality of asthma-related care provided by a general pediatric practice. This will include providing staff education, incorporating a quality improvement process and data collection system, and at least 4 quality improvement cycles over a 12 month period resulting in a 5% improvement in at least one critical asthma-related measure.